Do you think you have what it takes to be an Achva counselor?
Here are some things you should know:
- You will need to be at least 20 years old (though the average age is closer to 22).
- You will be working very long hours.
- You will need previous experience working with Jewish teens.
- You will see most but not necessarily all of the sites and attractions featured on the tour.
- You will receive a salary as compensation for your hard work.
- You will have an amazing summer working with Jewish high school students.
- You MUST be available and in the NY/NJ area for pre-summer meetings and training sessions.
- You will be competing against many other applicants for the available positions.
Responsibilities will include guiding and supervising participants, overseeing activities and night programs, leading sessions and generally helping the tour to run smoothly.
If you decide this is for you:
- The best time to apply is late Fall for the following summer but you are welcome to apply as long as we still have openings.
- To apply, please download a Counselor Application, complete it, and send it back to us. (Unable to download? e-mail us and we will send you an application.)
- After we receive your application, you may be called in for an interview depending on your background and experience. Unfortunately, time does not allow for us to interview every applicant.
Other positions that may also be available:
- We are also seeking some senior staff positions for certain programs. If you have experience running teen tours, please give us a call.
- A rabbinic advisor oversees the learning sessions and religious aspects of the trip. We are looking for young, dynamic rabbis who can make Judaism exciting for Modern Orthodox teens.
- We are also looking for technical people who have catering and travel experience to accompany our tours and make sure they are running smoothly.
- If you are interested, please send us a resume/bio and we will contact you with further information.