The $4,450 price includes all hotel accomodations, three meals a day, attractions and admission fees for all scheduled activities and basically everything except spending money. Spending money is useful for gifts, games and snacks or any optional purchases that strike your fancy. An Achva backpack is provided at no additional cost but Achva t-shirts, sweatshirts or other Achva-wear may cost extra. Tipping is not required or expected.
We always try to keep our program prices as low as possible, despite the the ever rising costs of travel. Scholarships are generally not available for Achva East. If you have a serious financial hardship, you can try contacting us in June, and if space is still available, we may be able to offer you the tour at a discounted rate.
All prices found on our website, given out over the phone or by email are subject to possible change. We rarely ever raise a price, however, if costs rise dramatically due to Covid-19 related expenses, for example, we may need to raise the price to reflect our increased expenses.
You are welcome to pay for Achva by the following methods:
- Checks: Checks should be made out to Achva and sent to: Achva, 50 Eisenhower Drive, Suite 102, Paramus, NJ 07652. Checks must be payable in US funds only.
- Cash: Call us to make arrangements for cash payments. Do not send cash through the mail.
- Credit Card: To make a payment by credit card (secured by Authorize.net), please proceed to our quick Payment Form. A 2 percent fee will be added to credit card payments. There is no fee on the initial $500 deposit.
- Sibling Discount, each receives – $200 (East), $300 (West, Israel), $100 (Mini)
Discounts are not combinable; largest discount applies. All discounts are subtracted from the final balance due and are not applicable to deposits or the first payment. Discounts may be forfeited if payments are late. Sibling Discount applies to kids attending various Achva programs excluding Mini which enables a half discount for East/West/Israel.
Achva pays for services including hotels, chartered buses and attraction admissions well in advance of the program. Therefore, we need to collect payments upfront on a timely basis. Of course, you are welcome to pay in full upon registration, but for the majority of you, we have a schedule of payments.
Here is the normal schedule of payments:
- A $500 deposit is due upon registration.
- A $1,500 payment is due by March 15.
- The balance of your bill is due by May 20.
No participant will be allowed on the program without a fully paid balance. Those who require a special payment schedule should contact our office. All special payment schedules MUST BE APPROVED IN ADVANCE. If you do not make your payments on time, you could risk losing your place on the program or incur late fees.
If we cancel the tour, our goal will be to fully refund all deposits/payments as quickly as we can.
We have developed the following refund schedule should you choose to cancel from the tour. The schedule attempts to balance our financial commitments with your flexibility to change plans if necessary.
Please notify our office immediately if you decide to withdraw. Refunds are processed solely upon receipt of written notification to Achva (an email works fine, we will confirm receipt within two business days).
If your written cancellation is received on or before:
- January 1 – payments are refundable less $250
- March 15 – payments are refundable less $500
- May 22 – payments are refundable less $1,500
- Up to 7 days prior to program start, payments are refundable less $3,000
- Within 7 days prior to program start, payments are no longer refundable.
For people with serious and unexpected medical emergencies, please contact us to determine the amount of your refund. Once the program begins, there are no refunds upon ejection from the program no matter the reason. Fully refunded credit card payments are less any service fees we incur to process your payment.
Late fees are not a punishment or a penalty but simply our way of covering expenses associated with not having the funds we need in advance of the program. The following fees will apply to all accounts (unless approved for a special payment schedule):
- If you are not fully paid for the program by May 27, there is a fee of $50.
- If you are not fully paid for the program by June 12, there is a fee of $150 (including the $50 fee above.)
These late fees apply regardless of when you actually registered for the program. The fees kick in either when you register early but do not pay on time, or when you register very late.