The price includes all accommodations, three meals a day, attractions and admission fees for all scheduled activities, airfare from NY/NJ, and basically everything except spending money. There is one free Shabbat with relatives/friends during which accommodations and meals may be provided by your hosts.
All listed prices, provided in writing or orally, are subject to change due to Covid-19 or other causes.
Scholarships may or may not be available for Achva Israel through many local Federations depending on where you live. Check with your local Federation for information regarding summer teen travel scholarships. We will provide whatever documentation is necessary to facilitate the process.
You are welcome to pay for Achva by the following methods:
- Checks: Checks should be made out to Achva and sent to: Achva, 50 Eisenhower Drive, Suite 102, Paramus, NJ 07652. Checks must be payable in US funds only.
- Credit Card: To make a payment by credit card (secured by Authorize.net), please proceed to our quick Payment Form. A 2 percent fee will be added to credit card payments. There is no fee on the initial $500 deposit.
- Cash: Call us to make arrangements for cash payments. Do not send cash through the mail.
- Second Child (each receives) – $300 (Israel, West) $200 (East) $100
Discounts are not combinable; largest discount applies. All discounts are subtracted from the final balance due and are not applicable to deposits or the first payment. Discounts may be forfeited if payments are not made on time. The discount for multiple children also applies to kids attending different programs as listed above.
Achva pays for services including hotels, chartered buses and attraction admissions well in advance of the program. Therefore, we need to collect payments upfront on a timely basis. Of course, you are welcome to pay in full upon registration, but for the majority of you, we have a schedule of payments which need to be made as the summer approaches.
Here is the normal schedule of payments:
- A $500 deposit is due upon registration.
- A $4,000 payment is due on February 24
- The balance of your bill is due on May 3
No participant will be allowed on the program without a fully paid balance. Those who wish a special payment schedule should contact the Achva office early in the year. All special payment schedules MUST BE APPROVED IN ADVANCE. If you do not make your payments on time, you could risk losing your place on the program or incur late fees.
If we cancel the tour, our goal will be to fully refund all deposits/payments as quickly as we can.
We have developed the following refund schedule should you choose to cancel from the tour. The schedule attempts to balance our financial commitments with your flexibility to change plans if necessary.
Please notify our office immediately if you decide to withdraw. Refunds are processed solely upon receipt of written notification to Achva (an email works fine, we will confirm receipt within two business days).
If your written cancellation is received ON OR BEFORE:
- January 1- payments are refundable less $250
- March 15 – payments are refundable less $500
- May 3 – payments are refundable less $2,500
- June 1 – payments are refundable less $4,000
- Up to 7 days prior to program start, payments are refundable less $6,500
- Within 7 days prior to program start, payments are no longer refundable.
For people with serious and unexpected medical emergencies, please contact us to determine the amount of your refund. Also, please remember that once the program begins, there are no refunds upon ejection for any reason from the program. Fully refunded credit card payments will be refunded less a 2% service fee to recover the percentage kept by the credit card company.
Late fees are not a punishment or a penalty but simply our way of covering expenses associated with not having the funds we need in advance of the program. The following fees will apply to all accounts (unless approved for a special payment schedule):
- If you are not fully paid for the program by May 15, there is a fee of $100.
- If you are not fully paid for the program by June 10, there is a fee of $250 (including the $50 fee above.)
These late fees apply regardless of when you actually registered for the program or the reason for the delay.